If you're reading this, you or someone you know is likely struggling with hoarding. It can be an overwhelming and daunting task to even think about tackling a hoarder's home. Here are some tips for cleaning a hoarder’s house and how Bio-One can help make the process a little easier. Our professional hoarding cleaners and restoration technicians are committed to helping make this a manageable and easygoing experience, as we understand that these situations can be challenging.
1. Make a plan: Don't try to tackle the entire hoard in one day or even one week. Breaking the process into smaller, manageable tasks will make it feel less daunting and help you avoid burning out.
2. Start with the easy stuff: Tackling the most difficult items first can be overwhelming, so start with something easy, like cleaning out a closet or drawer.
3. Set some ground rules: Before you start, agree on what can be thrown away and what needs to be kept. This will help prevent arguments later on.
4. Get rid of anything expired: If something has expired, it's time to let it go. This includes food, medications, cosmetics, and anything else with an expiration date.
5. Donate what you don't need: If something is still in good condition, but you don't need it, consider donating it to a local charity or thrift store.
6. Put away what you're keeping: Once you've decided what to keep, find a place for it. This will help prevent your home from feeling cluttered.
7. Get rid of the trash properly: Some things must be recycled or disposed of separately. Check with your local waste management company or consider hiring a professional cleaning company like Bio-One to ensure everything is disposed of properly.
8. Sterilize surfaces: Once you've cleared out the clutter, it's important to sterilize all surfaces to prevent the spread of bacteria and illness. Bio-One can help with this by providing professional cleaning services.
9. Remove bad odors: Bad smells can linger long after the source of the odor is gone. Bio-One's team can identify and remove odors caused by pets, smoke, mold, and more.
10. Don't let it build up again: The best way to keep your home clean and clutter-free are to prevent it from happening again. Have a place for everything and ensure everyone in the household knows where things go.
Bio-One is here to help with our professional hoarding cleanup services. Our experienced and compassionate team will work with you to create a personalized plan for your unique situation. We understand hoarders often struggle with attachment to their belongings, so we take a gentle and understanding approach.
We also offer biohazard cleaning services to clean and disinfect surfaces that may be contaminated with harmful bacteria. This is important to prevent the spread of illness. Contact us today to learn more about our hoarding cleaning services and how we can help you or a loved one get started on the road to recovery.
Bio-One of Pittsburgh is always ready to assist you with any issues arising from unanticipated events, such as death and major injury. Our expert specialists are always ready to assist you in dealing with highly pressurized situations that may be emotionally and physically draining, allowing you to focus on other vital activities while healing in a sanitary environment. Locally owned and operated, we provide the following:
Bio-One works closely with victim support centers nationwide and local authorities, communities, emergency services personnel, hoarding task forces, apartment communities, insurance companies, and other organizations to accomplish each customer's most efficient and superior service possible.
Many crime scene cleanup companies may face unexpected, unfortunate life events. Still, Bio-One is the right choice because of our expertise and profoundly caring and discreet specialists.
We are proud members of the NAPO Pittsburgh - National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals!
Bio-One of Pittsburgh serves the following Pennsylvania counties: Allegheny County, Washington County, Beaver County, Butler County, Armstrong County, Westmoreland County, Lawrence County, Greene County, Fayette County, and Mercer County.
We also serve the following cities and surrounding communities: Allison Park, Aspinwall, Avalon, Bairdford, Bakerstown, Baldwin, Bellevue, Ben Avon, Ben Avon Heights, Bethel Park, Blawnox, Boston, Brackenridge, Braddock, Braddock Hills, Bradford Woods, Brentwood, Buena Vista, Bunola, Carnegie, Castle Shannon, Cheswick, Churchill, Clairton, Coulter, Crafton, Creighton, Crescent, Cuddy Curtisville, Dormont, Dravosburg, Duquesne, East Mc Keesport, East Mckeesport, East Pittsburgh, Elizabeth, Emsworth, Etna, Forest Hills, Fox Chapel, Glassport, Glenshawock, Harwick, Heidelberg, Homestead, Homewood, Indianola, Ingomar, Ingram, Jefferson Hills, Leetsdale, McKees Rocks, Millvale, Monroeville, Morgan, Mount Oliver, Munhall, Natrona Heights, Noblestown, Oakdale, Oakland, Oakland (borough), Oakmont, Pitcairn, Pleasant Hills, Plum, Port Vue, Presto, Rankin, Rennerdale, Rural Ridge, Russellton, Sharpsburg, South Park, Springdale, Sturgeon, Swissvale, Tarentum, Turtle Creek, Verona, Wall, Warrendale, West Elizabeth, Wes Homestead, West Mifflin, West View, Wexford, Whitaker, Wildwood, Wilkinsburg, and Wilmerding!
Our technicians are available 24/7/365! Contact us at 412-414-3101.